Monday, May 15, 2006

-photo courtesy of cbs.comAll about Survivor
If you guys know me, you should know I'm an avid fan of Survivor and the Amazing Race as Reality TV. Anyway, today was the Finale of Survivor: Exile Island. Spoilers ahead.
Supported Terry right from the beginning, ever since he revealed he was a fighter pilot and when he emerged as the sort of leader in the tribe. You really have to admire that man, going into the merge with an immediate target on his back and then winning 5 straight individual immunities and all sorts of rewards, including the car and the curse. He's 46 and perhaps his slightly cocky attitude got people a little riled up, a little, but I loved it because he earned that right to boast. (Just like Mourinho ha) Was extremely upset that he couldn't keep his balance and fell first in the final immunity which was way tougher than any final immunity ever. Danielle broke her promise to take him to the final 2 for which after that I was firmly backing Aras (this really cute young guy who gave Terry the toughest competition and was my second favourite). She was quite the bitch really. I was extremely glad that when Jeff Probst posed the question that if it had been Danielle and Terry in the final who would win, 5-2 win to Terry.
Shane in his jury comment/question really gave it to them both, Aras and Danielle. He said correctly that she did nothing around camp and Aras well, he lied to Shane and broke the Alliance so I cant fault Shane for being upset with him. Shane went from a weirdo in my book to such a likable person with all his antics and his outright love for his son (also helped by the fact that he proudly proclaimed Terry as the MOST deserving person to win) He really grew on me that man. Cirie as the final 4 was fantastic as well because she really went from a couch potato to someone who could make fire and fish.
But to me, Terry's the man. The absolute all rounder. The guy who wore a hot (almost) pink silk (I think) shirt to the reunion show and still looked all man. How many guys can carry that off I ask you. He reminds me of Mourinho so much. OK. I can't remember a better Survivor other than the All Stars and Palau where Rob and Amber became my favourite Survivor couple who fell in love and so both won in a way in All Stars and where Tom, a firefighter and also quite old guy whom I loved, won in Palau. Yup, it's still Third this season because Terry didn't win! GRRRR.
I wanted to find a much better photo where Danielle wasn't in it, especially with the immunity but oh well. Terry's the one on the left and Aras the one on the right. Both cute right. But Terry's still the man!!!
I suspect another Finale of the Amazing Race will come in a few days on this blog. I want Eric and Jeremy to win. Yes because they're cute frat guys. Haha